VFW Post 7603

Monthly meetings held the third Monday each month, 8 PM, Tilden Legion Club.


Contact Person:

Tom Nelson


The VFW understands first-hand the essence of rallying community support and the positive, life-changing impact we have on the world around us. That's why VFW members volunteer nearly 9 million hours to community service projects annually, with volunteerism benefiting morale, education, the environment, and civic projects. 

VFW Post 7603, supporting Tilden, Meadow Grove and Battle Creek, knows first-hand what it is to “give back”. In 2016, Post 7603 donated and funded the community in the form of scholarships for youth, and also time and energy supporting parades, ceremonies and local community events.  

There are three qualifications for membership in the VFW, as set out in our by-laws. An individual must meet all three in order to become a member. They are as follows:


  1. Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
  2. Honorable Service – must have served in the armed forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving.
  3. Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:

- An authorized campaign medal (see a full list of qualifying medals and badges)

- Receipt of hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)

- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days

*This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314-801-0800 to request more information.

For those veterans “on the fence”, there are a number of premier lobbyists in our nation. One of those is the VFW. They protect your benefits and ensure the claims that you file for yourself and your families are kept in place.  If you don’t want to join for yourself, join for those that served with you. 

If you have a desire to “give back”, please give your County Veterans Service Officer a call and he or she can put you in contact with your post’s Commander or Quartermaster. 

For further information please go to www.vfw.org.