Meadow Grove-Tilden Lion's Club
Monthly meetings held the first Monday each month at Subs & Suds in Tilden at 7 PM.
Pastor Theta Dame
To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation.
The Meadow Grove-Tilden Lion's Club was organized in Meadow Grove on April 1, 1963. Don Warnke and Jack Warrick were two of the first Lions. Current officers are President Pastor Theta Dame, First Vice President Chad Korth, Second Vice President Larry Tegeler, Club Secretary Pat Borgelt, Club Treasurer Kenneth Galyen, and Membership Chairman Gene Fields. Peach and Pear Chairman is Al Smidt.
The group works in cooperation with several other programs including: Lions International, Sight and Hearing, Leader Dogs, Service Dogs, Mobile Screening Unit (MSU), Lion's Eye Bank of Nebraska, and Lions Hearing Aid Bank.
The Meadow Grove-Tilden Lions Club donates to many local programs and/or businesses:
- Tilden Swimming Pool
- Raymond A. Whitwer Tilden Public Library and Meadow Grove Public Library
- TeamMates of Elkhorn Valley
- Little Lambs Day Care
- Can-Cara-Van food for needy
- Orphan Grain Train
- helps provide eye glasses
- assists with leader dogs for the blind
- helds send kids to Kamp Kaleo,
- S.M.I.L.E.S. for handicapped children in the area
- Easter egg hunt at Meadow Grove
- Local fishing clinic for 4-13 year old children
- Currently working on a coat drive for area school children
Group fundraisers include a pancake feed in February, selling peaches and pears in summer, and popcorn sales in the fall.